Here’s a quick reference guide (or “Cheat Sheet”) on how to root your Nexus S and other goodies you will need to learn in order to flash new ROMs:
- How to Root Nexus S or Nexus S 4G! – You will need to root your Nexus S or Nexus S 4G before trying to do anything that requires root such as installing new ROM.
- How to Backup/Restore Apps using Titanium Backup app – Before you go installing new ROMs, learn how to backup/restore your apps so you will always have your apps.
- How to Install New ROM on Nexus S or Nexus S 4G! – Read up on how to install new ROMs here.
- How to Unroot Nexus S! – This is for those of you who want to unroot your Nexus S (not Nexus S 4G!).
- How to Unroot Nexus S 4G! – This is for those of you who want to unroot your Nexus S 4G.
- How to Get Free Wifi Tether on Nexus S 4G!
Want to stay updated on latest Nexus S Root news?
Sign up for our Nexus S Root Newsletter here so you don't miss a single tip and get personal help via e-mail! Nexus S Reference
You will need a rooted Nexus S to install all ROM/kernels.
NOTE: PLEASE ONLY INSTALL ROMS INTENDED FOR YOUR VERSION OF Nexus S! Otherwise you WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE and I will not be responsible!
How to Root Nexus S!
First time to rooting and custom ROMs? Please see our Nexus S FAQ FIRST! Nexus S ROMs
Nexus S ROMs
Nexus S 4G ROMs